Keine Fernleihdienste vom 22.03. bis 25.03.2019! Näheres erfahren Sie hier in unseren Meldungen.
Interlibrary loan is a service that lets you borrow items from other libraries, including books, journal articles and other media that are not available in Rostock. Before requesting an interlibrary loan, please make sure that the item is not available in Discovery or the Catalogue. For publications from 1851 to 1959, please also check the electronic card index.
Please contact a member of staff at the Information Desk for help.
- Ersteinrichtung Fernleihkonto für WissenschaftlerInnen und MitarbeiterInnen der Universität Rostock
- Ersteinrichtung Fernleihkonto für Studierende der Universität Rostock
- Ersteinrichtung Fernleihkonto für Studierende anderer Hochschulen und Privatpersonen
- Erhöhung Bestellvolumen bestehendes Fernleihkonto
- Änderung Daten bestehendes Fernleihkonto
You can access your interlibrary loan account via the GVK.
- order status, for example "copy sent by mail", "original sent by mail", "on loan", "not available"
- account summary, detailing units (not euros)
Items you cannot request via interlibrary loan
- - books, journals and other media that are available from Rostock's libraries (even if they are currently on loan or not accessible)
- very valuable works from before 1800
- entire journals or journal collections (you may request a copy of the contents pages of these collections)
- reference books and loose-leaf editions
- master's theses and the like
Please ask a member of staff for assistance if an item is not available for loan.
- students and members of the University generelly do not pay a fee for interlibrary loans (but see exceptional costs below)
- private citizens and non-members of the University pay 1,50 Euro per item, payable at collection from Campus Library Südstadt
You will need to pay any exceptional costs, such as for articles of more than 20 pages, direct orders from other services, or international loans. We will assume that you are willing to do so, and only confer with you if the fees exceed 8 Euros.
Delivery takes 2-4 weeks. Once a book or article has arrived, you will receive a notification email. You can also check your LINK user account for information.
Once a book or article has arrived, you will receive a notification email. You can also check your user account for information.
You can collect your items from the Circulation Desk at Campus Library Südstadt. Researchers at Rostock University can also request to have their orders shipped from Südstadt to their business address or closest library using internal mail.
Sometimes the lending library places restrictions on an item; for example, that it may not be copied or that it may only be read in-house. Rostock University Library is subject to these requirements.
Renewing a loan period
Renewing an interlibrary loan period is generally not possible.
If an item cannot be found at any German library, you can request an international loan. Please contact a member of staff. Note that international loan can carry high fees, for example, a loan from the British Library currently costs around 40 Pounds.
Interlibrary loans are regulated by the "Ordnung des Leihverkehrs in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland - Leihverkehrsordnung (LVO)", dated 19.09.2003 and published in: Amtsblatt für Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. 2003, Nr. 55 (09.12.2003), S. 1190 - 1199. In Mecklenburg-Vorpommern the regulations took effect on 01.01.2004 and were published in: Mitteilungsblatt des Ministeriums für Bildung, Wissenschaft und Kultur Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. 2004, Nr. 2 (17.02.2004) S. 184-193
- Referat Dokumentenlieferung / Fernleihe