From 20.07.2020, the following location will open:
- Campus Library Südstadt
- Education, History, and Antiquity Library
- Linguistics and Literary Studies Library
- Theology and Philosophy Library
Please help us make this process as smooth as possible!
Services currently being offered are:
- borrowing and returning of books and other media,
- telephone and email support (please send queries on searching for literature through our contact form),
- use of the scanners/printers/copiers (please disinfect the touch pen with disinfectant and a paper towel before and after use).
Help and guidance are available at the information desks at both the Campus Library Südstadt (Mon. - Fri., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.) and the Education, History, and Antiquity Library (Mon. - Fri., 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.). If you have any questions, please contact us via this form.
Due to the ongoing service restrictions caused by the pandemic, we have extended the loan periods of your borrowed books. This automatic extension will continue for the time being, with the exception of books that have been placed on hold by other users.
These items (plus interlibrary loans) need to be returned on time and will start to incur late fines after Wednesday, 21 April. All fines were frozen on 31.10.2020, meaning that if you had received a first reminder (fine: 2.00 Euros) prior to 31 October of last year, you will receive the second reminder (fine: 3.00 Euros) now. Starting on 21 April, you will once again be able to pay outstanding fines in cash.
The number of available workspaces at the Campus Library Südstadt and the Campus Library Innenstadt locations will be expanded according to current distancing and hygiene regulations.
All members of Rostock University are able to reserve a workspace at the following links. Please take note of the booking conditions listed there. You can only make same-day reservations:
- Campus Library Südstadt (workspaces 1 to 49)
- Campus Library Südstadt (workspaces 50 to 100)
- Education, History, and Antiquity Library (10 workspaces)
- Linguistics and Literary Studies Library (6 workspaces)
- Theology and Philosophy Library (6 workspaces)
The Campus Library Südstadt has also opened an additional 200 workspaces for use without prior reservation.
- In order to minimise the risk of infection, all visitors must wear a medical face mask (surgical or FFP2 mask).
- Taking a basket – available at the entrances – when entering the library remains mandatory.
- Please come alone if possible and keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres (ca. 5 feet) to others. If you can, please use the hand sanitisers available in the library.
- If you suffer from an acute respiratory disease, you are unfortunately not allowed to use the library, unless you can present a medical certificate confirming that you are not ill with COVID-19.
Please note the current Hygiene plan of the Rostock University Library.
As a member of Rostock University you can access all of the library's electronic resources from home. We explain how to do this on our page 'Using the digital library'.
You can reach us at information-suedstadt.ubuni-rostockde.