From 20.07.2020, the following location will open:
- Campus Library Südstadt
- Education, History, and Antiquity Library
- Linguistics and Literary Studies Library
- Theology and Philosophy Library
The Centre for Patents and Standards, the Special Collections and the University Archive are open to visitors by appointment. For further information regarding opening hours and services, please visit the websites of these three library locations.
Please help us make this process as smooth as possible!
Services currently being offered are: borrowing and returning of books and other media, telephone and email support (please send queries on searching for literature through our contact form), studying at available workspaces, using the copiers, scanners and printers.
Group study rooms, break rooms, lockers, and information desks remain unavailable at this time.
The following rules apply for visiting the library:
- When entering the library, please have your library card or student ID ready for scanning. Keeping track of visitors will help with contact tracing in case of a Corona outbreak. Your data is safe and will only be used in accordance with data protection laws.
- You must use a basket, available at the entrance. You can take coats and bags into the library for now.
- Search the catalogue for your books before you get here. Note their shelf marks and locations.
- Wherever possible, please use the self-checkout machines to borrow items. Urgent returns can be processed at the circulation desk or via a returns drop box.
- Please pay attention to information displays and distance markers in the library.
- The information desks are not staffed. If you have any questions, please contact us via this form.
- In order to minimise the risk of infection, please wear a face mask (respirator mask, scarf, or similar) while inside the buildings.
- While using a workspace, wearing a mask is voluntary.
- Taking a basket – available at the entrances – when entering the library remains mandatory.
- Current hygiene and distancing regulations limit the number of available workspaces.
- Please come alone if possible and keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres (ca. 5 feet) to others. If you can, please use the hand sanitisers available in the library.
As a member of Rostock University you can access all of the library's electronic resources from home. We explain how to do this on our page 'Using the digital library'.
Please use the online submission forms.
Hard copies of dissertations or habilitation treatises can be submitted at the Circulation Desk of the Campus Library Südstadt.